A woman and a man arrested over break-ins in Tamworth
A man and woman have been charged following an investigation into multiple break and enters in the Tamworth area.
On Monday, officers from Oxley Proactive Crime Team commenced investigations in relation to a break and enter at a home on Camira Crescent, Tamworth and police will allege various items of jewellery were stolen.
Following inquiries, police arrested a 23-year-old woman at a home on Goonoo Goonoo Road, Tamworth, yesterday and a 38-year-old man was also arrested at the scene following a foot pursuit.
The 23-year-old woman was charged with the following offences:
· Steal property in dwelling-house
· Make/ furnish a statement which is false/ misleading
· Break and enter dwelling-house etc with intent (steal)
· Contravene prohibition/ restriction in AVO
· Use offensive language in/ near public place/ school
· Possess prohibited drug (x2)
· Custody of knife in public place
· Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
· Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (x5)
She was bail refused to appear before Tamworth Local Court today.
The 38-year-old man was charged with possession of prohibited drugs and enter prescribed premises of any person without lawful excuse. He was also issued a Field Court Attendance Notice for breach of bail.
The man was bail refused to appear before Tamworth Local Court today.