Updated: Apr 21
· The Quirindi service will start at 5:30AM with a smoking ceremony followed by the Dawn Service to be held at the Memorial Clock. This will be followed by breakfast at the RSL Club, supplied to veterans for free. A march will be held from the Quirindi Post Office to the Memorial Clock as part of the Day service. Those marching should form up at the PO at 10:45AM. The march will be followed by the main service and wreath laying ceremony at the town cenotaph. The wreath laying will be followed by lunch at the RSL Club. Former serving members of 6RAR and 7RAR, from western NSW, will be attending and marching with Quirindi RSL Sub branch. A roast lunch (with all the trimmings) will be available at the club for $27pp.
· ROAD CLOSURES: To facilitate the Dawn Service in Quirindi, Station, George and Pryor Streets will be closed at the nearest intersection to the Memorial from 5AM and re-open at approximately 6:15AM with traffic diverted at Pryor and Henry Streets during the closure. During the morning march and wreath laying ceremony, George Street as well as those intersecting streets along the March route shall be closed by 10:30AM and re-opened by approximately 12:30PM. Traffic will be diverted to Hill Street at Whittaker, William and Pryor Streets.
· Anzac service at 9AM in the Currabubula War Memorial Hall.
· A Dawn Service will be held at the War Memorial in Anzac Parade, assembling at 5:50AM for the 6AM service. Breakfast for those attending the Dawn Service will follow at the Werris Creek Bowling and Tennis Club at 7AM, courtesy of the club and board of directors. The Main Service and Wreath Laying will be held at 11AM with assembly from 10:50AM. An official luncheon will be held at the Werris Creek Bowling and Tennis Club at 12:30PM for 1PM. Cost is $35pp, which covers lunch, desert, and a few drinks, and $10 per child under 12 years of age.
· ROAD CLOSURES: Anzac Parade will be closed from 5:30AM between Single Street and mid-block to Henry Street for the duration of the Dawn Service. The same area of Anzac Parade will be closed from 10:15AM and re-open at 12:15PM to facilitate the wreath laying service. Single Street will be temporarily closed at the Anzac Parade T-intersection from 10:15AM and shall re-open at 12:15PM, along with Anzac Parade. This will allow public attendees to congregate in the the T-intersection with no conflict with vehicles. Motorists will be diverted along North and Coromandel Streets for the duration of the Service.
· A wreath laying commemoration service will be held at the Willow Tree Memorial Hall at 9AM. All community members are cordially invited to attend. A highlight of Willow Tree’s commemoration is the tradition of a local family sharing memories of war service by family members and others from the Willow Tree district.