Updated: Apr 24
TAMWORTH DAWN SERVICE – ANZAC Gates Memorial - ANZAC Park (05.30am):
· 05:25am the lights will be dimmed in preparation for the commencement of the service at 05.30am.
· 05:30am Dawn Service begins.
SERVICE & EX-SERVICE PERSONNEL BREAKFAST - Wests Diggers, Kable Ave. and Tamworth Services Club, Marius St. (6:15am)
· 7:20am Hannafords Bus departs Wests Diggers for Kootingal
· 7:30am Hannafords Bus departs Tamworth Services Club for Kootingal
KOOTINGAL ANZAC DAY MARCH, MAIN CEREMONY –War Memorial,
Memory Park Denman Avenue (08.00am)
VETERANS MEMORIAL MARCH – Railway Memorial Park (10.00am):
· Veterans who wish to participate are to form-up in front of Railway Memorial Park at 09.30am for a 10.00am step off.
· School students to assemble on Bourke Street at 9:30am.
· Railway Memorial Park Commemoration Service and wreath laying at 9:45am.
· At 10am, the march will move down Bourke Street, left into Peel Street, then left into Fitzroy Street to the Tamworth Memorial Town Hall. Students turn right on Fitzroy Street to No. 1 Oval.
· Veterans requiring jeeps are asked to contact the sub-Branch directly on 02 6762 3949 by 3pm Thursday 20th April to arrange pick up.
MAIN COMMEMORATION SERVICE – Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall (10.45am):
• Veterans and members of the community are invited to attend the Main Commemoration Service in the Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall. The service will commence at 10.45am
VETERANS LUNCHEON – Blazes Showroom, West Tamworth League Club (12.00noon):
· Tamworth sub-Branch Members, all Veterans and their families are invited to attend the ANZAC Day Luncheon at West Tamworth League Club (Phillip Street), 12 noon for 12:30pm. Tickets are available from the sub-Branch office ONLY until 3pm Thursday, 20th April 2023 – STRICTLY NO DOOR SALES:
· Cost is $15 (adults over 18), $10 (10-17 yrs old), and no charge for children under 10.
Membership is not a prerequisite for participation in the march and luncheon.
ATTUNGA ANZAC DAY MARCH (3.00pm):
• Attunga Public School 3:15pm | Service at Memorial Gates | Afternoon Tea at Attunga Hall
ANZAC APPEAL FUNDRAISING:
Tamworth RSL sub-Branch volunteers will be having a fundraiser sausage sizzle at Bunnings Tamworth from 7:30am until 4pm on Saturday, 22nd April 2023.
If you can help financially, make a purchase, and help the Tamworth RSL sub-Branch continue supporting our local veterans.
The Tamworth sub-Branch is open 10:00am-14:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 107 Bridge Street, ph. 6762 3949.
BARRABA DAWN SERVICE – Memorial Clock (06.00am):
· March commences at 10.50am (corner of Queen and Alice Streets and finishes at the Memorial Clock) with service at the Clock to commence at 11.00am
BENDEMEER DAWN SERVICE – Memorial Gates, Memorial Park (05.30am):
· March from corner of Havannah Street and Memorial Drive at 10:45am; to conclude at Memorial Park with Service to commence at 11.00am.
DURI SERVICE – Sportsground Memorial (07.00am):
· Service commences at 7.00am
MANILLA DAWN SERVICE – Manilla Soldiers Memorial Hall (05.30am):
· March from the Manilla RSL Club commences at 10;45am with Service to follow at Manilla Soldiers Memorial Hall.
· ANZAC Day Service, Manilla Cemetery Cenotaph (12.00pm)
· Monday, 24 April, 10.00am Service at the Moonbi Masonic Village RFBI
· Tuesday, 25 April, 10.30am Service at the Moonbi Public School
· 11.00am Service at the Nundle Memorial Hall, followed by a march from 58 Jenkins Street to the Cenotaph.
· The march will assemble at the Somerton Public School in Milkmaid Street at 7.45am, and arrive at the Somerton War Memorial Hall on the corner of Scotland Street and Joshua Street.
· 02.00pm Service at the ANZAC Day Park Memorial.
· 07.00am Service at the Gipps Street Memorial.