A HOUSE in Coledale has been destroyed after fire ripped through the home on Wednesday morning.
The blaze broke out inside the house on Cole Road in Coledale just before 9am.
Police confirmed there were occupants home at the time but they all managed to escape after the fire took hold.
Tamworth Fire and Rescue crews were called to the scene and it is understood a woman and an unconfirmed number of children had already evacuated the house before firefighters arrived.
Oxley Detective Acting Inspector Jason Darcy said one person suffered minor injuries when they tried to douse the flames.
"One of the occupants suffered minor burns to their hands trying to extinguish the fire," he said.
Fire and Rescue confirmed the woman was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and burns to her face and hands.
She was transported to Tamworth hospital by ambulance and is believed to be in a stable condition.
There were no other occupants injured in the blaze.
Four Tamworth fire crews and an additional Hazmat unit were deployed to fight the fire with asbestos from the fibro house an added challenge for firefighters.
Crews said the house was "well alight" when they got there and they worked to stop it from spreading.
Fire and Rescue confirmed the blaze has been extinguished, but the house was severely damaged.
Oxley police said the circumstances surrounding the fire are still under investigation.
"The fire is being treated as suspicious until the cause is determined," Detective Darcy said.
"We would urge anyone with information or who saw anything in the vicinity of Cole Road on Wednesday morning to come forward."
Anyone with information is urged to contact Tamworth police on 6768 2999.